The ntp package on the 7.2 CD seems to need /lib/librt.so from glibc 2.2
which isn't included in 7.2. I verfied the problem by downloading off of
ftp to make sure my CD wasn't outdated or anything like that. Grabbing the
SRPM and recpompiling fixed it but you should release an updated package
for ntp. I'm surprised no one else has reported this problem, but...

I also have a problem with glibc, which makes me think something may be
wrong with that package, and that is what is causing the problem. For some
reason /lib/libc6.so shows as GLIBC_2.2 when nothing else does. This makes
RPM think packages a compile need glibc-2.2 package (when 2.1.3 comes with
7.2). Again, I reinstalled this glibc package and it still had
GLIBC_2.2. I admit this could be a package left over from cooker and it is
not overwriting that file for some reason, but this should be looked into
as well.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck