On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Alan Olsen wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get GLX to work correctly on 4.0.2 with anything
> that uses multi-textures?  (Descent3 and Quake are two examples.)
>
> I get a nasty smearing effect on multi-textures with 4.0.2. I have tried
> multiple options to get around this, but nothing has worked. (I have
> tested Descent3. I am going to test Quake III as soon as this rebuild is
> done.)
>
> Any luck with this?

Turns out the only program I can find that does this is Descent 3.

Have no clue why anymore.

Sorry for the panic.  (Figures, the first program I use for testing turns
out to be the botched one...)

BTW, I am getting about 25% better performance between 4.0.1 with the
Matrox supplied drivers and the stock 4.0.2 drivers. The 4.0.2 drivers
with the 2.4.0test12 kernel ROCKS!  I am getting a consistant 1265 frames
per second on Mesa gears! (Before the readings would jump around quite a
bit.)

Now back to more important things...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."