Hello!

I've just tried to use rpmdrake for the first time.  I started it, because I
wanted to update my system.

As there were no medias defined, I clicked on "Edit Media" -> New -> Local
-> Entered a name and choose the local directory.  Next I clicked on Ok to
finish this.

>From the output of the console from where I started rpmdrake, I assume that
rpmdrake now parsed the directory for RPMs.  When it finished, it printed:

choosing compression method with "gzip -4" for archive
/var/cache/urpmi/partial/hdlist.CookerLocal.cz
real archive size of /var/cache/urpmi/partial/hdlist.CookerLocal.cz is 8286163
reading hdlist file [/var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.CookerLocal.cz]
computing dependancy
found unresolved provides on files, cleaning and recomputing dependancy
reading hdlist file [/var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.CookerLocal.cz]
keeping only provides files
reading hdlist file [/var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.CookerLocal.cz]
computing dependancy
write depslist file [/var/lib/urpmi/depslist.ordered]
write provides file [/var/lib/urpmi/provides]
write compss file [/var/lib/urpmi/compss]
write config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]

In the media selection window, the just added media (CookerLocal) does not
show up.  Why is this?

Okay, then I exitted rpmdrake and restarted it.  At start, it tells me that
it analyzes the media CookerLocal (which I've just added).  Seems to work
fine.  Now it is "Filling trees" - is it supposed to take like 4 - 5
minutes?

It finished eventually - how do I tell rpmdrake to select all the files that
are newer than currently installed ones?  Ie. to select all the files that
it prints in bold.

How do I search for RPMs?  I've tried typing in a name (eg. Eterm) and
pressing return or clicking on "Search".  This doesn't do anything.

Also rpmdrake doesn't seem to list all the RPMs that are available.  For
instance, I'm looking for XFree86-libs, but it doesn't seem to be listed,
although it is available on my harddisk in the "CookerLocal" directory.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.iso-top.de