"Brian J. Murrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 01:07:56PM +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> >
> > Nice ?  So it's not just me who thinks that MandrakeUpdate is REALLY
> > missing....
>
> Yeah, well the MDK folks keep saying it's rpmdrake.  I wish just one
> of them would describe how to keep a Cooker up to date using the tool.
> The lack of resonse to many queries indicates to me that it cannot be
> done and as such it is not ready to replace MandrakeUpdate.

best ways to keep uptodate:

- ``urpmi --auto-select'' (works nicely on my box, though segfault on some)
- ``apt-get --dist-upgrade'' (works quite nicely, though it doesn't like my box, keep
crashing)

or use urpmi and apt-get to install one package only.
or use rpmdrake which is just a front-end to urpmi.