"Alex Riechert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
>
> > "Alex Riechert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > [...]
> >
> >> doesn't work, neither by booting from the floppy drive (the Mandrake boot
> >> floppy disk doesn't work at all), nor from the harddisk, sending following
> >> error message:
> >>    VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
> >>    Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:07
> >> Anyone out there knowing how to solve this problem?
> > Can you try to see if required modules are correctly loaded just before
> > this to happen? Watch for messages beginning with "Loading module" and
> > verify that your scsi adapter, sd_mod and reiserfs and correctly loaded..
>
> Well, no "Loading module" message at all! What do I have to do to load
> these modules?

03:07 is /dev/hda7 so you don't need scsi modules; either you need the
reiserfs modules (if you / is on a reiserfs partition) or the root device
parameter is not correct..

The best would be to boot the rescue to try and understand what your
system needs to mount the root device..

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/