Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> "Alex Riechert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

> [...]
>

>>> 03:07 is /dev/hda7 so you don't need scsi modules; either you need the
>>> reiserfs modules (if you / is on a reiserfs partition) or the root device
>>> parameter is not correct..
>>> The best would be to boot the rescue to try and understand what your
>>> system needs to mount the root device..
>>
>> / is a reiserfs partion (/dev/hda7 / reiserfs defaults 1 1)
>>
>> So how can I force Linux to load the reiserfs module during the booting?
>> Or which root device parameters could be wrong (could you look up my fstab
>> and lilo.conf in my original message)?
>

> "force" is not the correct wording :-)..
>
> you need to have an initrd for that. the installer should have done it for
> you..
>
> best is to do a "man mkinitrd" from a valid system, and build an initrd
> for your machine.
>
> then boot the rescue, copy the initrd on relevant place, possibly update
> your bootmanager config file.

Tried to build a new initial ramdisk with SCSI and Reiserfs
support.

Now it seems obvious that the problem is that the reiserfs
module isn't "build" correctly into the ramdisk.

When I built the ramdisk with "mkinitrd -v ...." I saw that
scsi_mod.o, sd_mod.o, aic7xxx.o and reiserfs.o were needed
and being built into the ramdisk.

Everything seemed to work fine except for reiserfs.
There I got following messages:

tar: ./lib/reiserfs.o: Wrote only 2048 of 10240 bytes

(besides I tried "mkinitrd ..... -with=reiserfs" as well:
same error!)

How to solve this problem?

(I tried to boot with the new ramdisk. As expected: same
error as with the previous one.)

Alex Riechert