On Friday 13 April 2001 10:03 am, michael wrote:
> On Friday 13 April 2001 03:40 am, you wrote:
> > michael wrote:
> > > How do I use md5 sum check?
> >
> > Just run:
> >
> > md5sum <filename>
>
> Thank-you; the rc1.iso file on my hd is good. Now how do I go about
> checking the cd? when I go into the mount directory it says no such file?

>From a terminal :   dd if=/dev/cdrom | md5sum
replace /dev/cdrom with the device your cd is in if it's not /dev/cdrom.
It'll take a few minutes to read the cd and do the sum so be patient.  The
sum should be the same as the iso image sum.
--
"It said uses Windows 95 or better, so I loaded Linux!"
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"