JoAnne wrote:

> The Register: Data-corruption bug hits VIA chipsets(Apr 13, 2001, 15:10 UTC)
> (1719 reads) (4 talkbacks) (Posted by kreichard)
> Dennis E. Powell writes to tell us about the Register's coverage: "The kernel
> crowd have been trying for months to track this thing down; turns out now
> that it's not their fault!

        *OUCH*!!! My AOpen mobo has the VIA chipset... (and it's Friday the
thirteenth!).
Can't afford a new mobo, so does this mean that all the kinky goings on with my
system
_wasn't_ due to beta code, the phase of the moon, or my cat biting me?
<*sheesh*!!>

                        ... so what do we do now? ... switch to Windows Me???
[NOT!!!]

                        Elton Woo ;-)

--
         Have you been counted? See http://counter.li.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - ICQ#9984432 - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature