Con Kolivas wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 04:53, you wrote:
> > JoAnne wrote:
> > > The Register: Data-corruption bug hits VIA chipsets(Apr 13, 2001, 15:10
> > > UTC) (1719 reads) (4 talkbacks) (Posted by kreichard)
> > > Dennis E. Powell writes to tell us about the Register's coverage: "The
> > > kernel crowd have been trying for months to track this thing down; turns
> > > out now that it's not their fault!
> >
> >         *OUCH*!!! My AOpen mobo has the VIA chipset... (and it's Friday the

> It only happens with big files between two ide hard drives at maximum
> throughput and blah blah blah read the report

                    Puts my mind at ease now, JoAnne kindly sent me the URL, and

I see that it concens the newer mobos that support the Athlon. Mine is at
its max, WRT AMD chips: it only supports up to the one I have (k2/500).

                    Elton Woo ;-)

--
         Have you been counted? See http://counter.li.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - ICQ#9984432 - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature