> Apache
> MySQL
> PHP
> Mod_perl
> Maybe the kernel.

Well, maybe, if you wish to upgrade to this packages on your (old distrib),
just freely download the source.

Making new stuff in fixes existing bugs, but potentially introduces new
bugs.

> I have nowhere mentioned that ALL conceivable packages must be kept updated
> at all times. Nice twisting of the argument there to make it appear
> unreasonable, though.

Trust me that not everyone is willing to trade off stability for a bump up
in the package's version number.

But then, if you want to keep up to date, why don't you just use cooker? If
you want something stable then use the 'released' versions. It's that simple.

--
Geoffrey Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
李長風

http://www.wychk.org/~glee