On Wednesday 08 August 2001 02:36 pm, Guillaume Rousse methodically organized
electrons to state:

> No ! A *minimum* install is an install with *just* urpmi and draktools
> working...  This way you can configure network and adds whatever you want.
>
> I missed beginning of this thread, but being unable to install a server
> without X and a bunch of gnome-related package with 8.0 was frightening.

Yes, that would be excellent, or a better server install option would be
nice. You pick the server(s) and the remote config tools and then choose the
level of security. No X, Gnome, KDE, no five different text editors, etc.
Just solid command-line Linux; no fluff, no bloat.

I tried such an install on an intended web server. What a nightmare.

Hoyt