On Thursday 09 August 2001 04:18, you wrote:
> I know that you can change permissions on directories to prevent a user
> from entering a specific directory tree, but is there a way to prevent a
> user from exiting out of a specific directory?

No, not really.  There's something called chroot, but it wont do what you
want.  Think about it:  If they cant leave their home dir, how would they run
things in /usr/bin ?

> For example, is there a way to prevent the users from leaving their own
> home directories?

Please clarify what you mean by leave?  Do you not want them to be able to
see the contents of ANY other directory?  And why?!?!?

Mordy
--
Mordy Ovits           Give a man a fish, he owes you one fish.
Network Engineer   Teach a man to fish, and you give up