It is possible it is initscripts-6.27-2 since I
updated that file at the same time.
Another possible clue is that when reading the logs
this message appeared right before one of the crashs
(how far before I am uncertain, also I could not go
through the logs for very long before it crashed again
:-{ )

I am going to see if I can find a previous version of
initscripts and see if I can uninstall...reinstall
before it crashes on me again.

--- Eugenio Diaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- SI Reasoning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have had all kinds of problems since I tried
> ext3.
> > Linux completely locks up within a few minutes of
> > running. I have even changed fstab back to ext2
> but I
> > still have the problem. I have no clue as to what
> > causes it and it crashes too fast for me to
> research
> > it. grrrrrrrr
>
> May be the problem is not related to ext3. Did you
> did other changes since the
> last reboot before the ext3 change. I often find
> that I attribute a problem to
> a change, when in fact the real culprit is previous
> change of something else
> where there was no reboot. If you changed the fstab
> for real, and it is mounted
> as ext2 then there is no reason why ext3 be
> involved; in fact, unless you have
> ext3 listed in /etc/modules, or as part of initrd,
> the ext3 module shouldn't
> even be running. Alternatively, you can boot why
> another kernel (rescue disk,
> etc.) and see what happens.
>
> =====
> Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant
> messaging with Yahoo! Messenger
> http://im.yahoo.com

=====
SI Reasoning