I uninstalled initscripts and re-installed the
previous one.... but to no avail. I am very frustrated
right now and a bit clueless. Since it takes so little
time before the whole system goes down and so long to
reboot because of fsck (even with ext3 the root
directory still gets fsck). I have little time to
research it.

One thing I have noticed is that if I boot in
maintenance mode then I do not have this problem. I
have had it though in multi-user console mode.

Any ideas?

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]