J.P.Pasnak wrote:

> On September 8, 2001 18:04 pm, you wrote:
>

>>--- SI Reasoning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>>oops!
>>>here are the error messages before it crashed:
>>>
>>>kernel hda: drive-cmd: status=0x51 {Drive Ready
>>>SeekComplete Error}
>>>kernel: drive-cmd: error=0x04 {DriveStatus Error}
>>>

> Might be just me, but it sounds like the whole ATA/UDMA/VIA 'problem' rearing
> it's ugly head again....

No, it has nothing to do with VIA. On my previous computer, a Pentium 75
with an Intel motherboard, I already had this "problem". Though, it's
not very serious, but if you really want to remove it, I remember that
there used to be an option in the kernel configuration for people who
get this error. It's been a very long time since I last recompiled a
kernel (having no reason to do it), but you should look closely to the
various descriptions of the options, and you may find a solution to this
problem.

Grégoire