Okay I'm probably not supposed to write to you guys here being new and all but what the hell :)

Here it goes: I downloaded the iso's today and went to install. Nothing, didn't work.  It would get to the point were it's just about to start querying the IDE channels and hang. I have an Asus A7V  with an 850mhz AMD ( KT133 VIA Chipset) .  Anyhow I couldn't figure it out for a bit then I went into the BIOS and turned the primary IDE to AUTO from None.  Finally I could get past that point and ran the install.  Everything went fine, I setup the printer, X, Everything.  I was on my way to the new Mandrake.  Install was done an my computer rebooted.  Now it just hangs at the Blue Welcome screen.  So I thought I would send a message to you all and see if you have any ideas what could be causing this problem and if there's is any work around.

Edgar K.