Juan Quintela ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> "steven" == Steven Lawrance <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> I love Linux as much as anyone here, but to put things in perspective, how
>> about this:

>> void main(void) {
>> while (1)
>> fork();
>> }

> You can fix this with limits, i.e. not letting any user to fill all
> the RAM memory of your machine.  If you are administering a machine
> that can have hostile users and you are not using resources limits,
> your systems is misconfigured.

[snip: man bash /ulimit]

Problem is people can select another shell. You also have to set it
for the other shells.

This is also a nice solution.
http://rexgrep.tripod.com/rexfbdmain.htm

And Juan, please stop the inserting of names whith the quoting. It
makes your messages unreadable and unquotable.

http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/nquote.html#Q6

Cya, Han.