Cygwin !!! I don't know much about Cygwin but the original posting says
"causes Windows200/XP to reboot"

The posting to the usenet news group had an incorrect #include. Correct this
and this little beauty has rebooted every Window$ 2000 PC and locked every NT
box we have tried it on ! It must be created as a DOS app. if you do it from
Dev Studio. We have compiled it with Dev Studio and gcc for Window$, we
haven't tried the Borland compiler. We have speculated on what is doing this,
it looks like the DOS windows are broken on 2000 and slightly dubious on NT.
Either that or gcc has become a clone of the M$ compiler !! Could it be that
it counts the \t's and the doesn't take into account what the \b's are
supposed to do leading to buffer overrun (or underrun if vice-versa). Any way
it is typical M$ wonder coding and we haven't found a single terminal window
under Linux which doesn't behave correctly.

What makes todays DOJ announcements even sadder is the fact that even if M$
ends up running every device that requires an OS, controls the net,
e-commerce and every other transaction that takes place electronically and
Linux and all other OS's disappear some of us will still know just how crap
and bloated M$ code really is, but because no one will listen it will just
nor away at us like an incurable itch !!!  ;-)

Owen