On Thu Nov 29, 2001 at 09:13:04AM -0800, SI Reasoning wrote:

(Let's move this over to expert@ where it belongs)

> That maybe the case...but I upgraded two systems from
> 7.2 to 8.1 but only had problems with one of them... I
> was able to resolve it with the old kernel by mkinitrd
> and placing read-only in the global section at the
> beginning of lilo.conf. That does not seem to work
> with the new kernel.

Ok... both systems use ext2?  But now that I've seen your other
message (about problems with -26mdk), I'm now confused on your
definition of "new kernel".  Exactly what kernel are you using on
either machine, and what is the output of "df -T"?

--
vdanen (at) mandrakesoft.com, OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
1024D/FE6F2AFD   88D8 0D23 8D4B 3407 5BD7  66F9 2043 D0E5 FE6F 2AFD