Vincent Danen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>> Yeah they are braindead and stupid, but.... you might lose that
>> floppy. It is a unique floppy that you more or less have to update
>> with every kernel update. And you have bad luck if it fails.

> I've never had to update my boot disks and they work fine...

You never had a problem.

>> If the gag floppy fails you can go anywere to make a new one.

> Ok, this is the one benefit then.

>>> boot from floppy
>>> as root run "/sbin/lilo -v"

>>> viola, next reboot you're fine.  I don't see the point of another boot
>>> manager.  We already have one.

>> The difference between a bootmanager and a bootloader.

> Is relatively inconsequential, no?  =)

This _does_ have consequenses. You can put lilo at the safest place
possible. You don not have to fear it is being overrun by anything
else. Nor do you have to fear it will damage anything else.

Lots of people I have helped told me they loved the solution. The
first time people install linux is not the right moment for them to
tell them to read man lilo and man lilo.conf.

Cya, Han.