Han <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > the rescue now has a command "install_bootloader" to do this magically.
>
> Just type : linux install_bootloader at the boot-prompt? Amazing.

No, of course not, if your bootloader is overwritten, I don't see to whom
you should pass the command "linux install_bootloader" :-).

Hum, you're not reading MandrakeForum boyz, this is baaad.

http://www.mandrakeforum.com/print.php?sid=1371

1- insert your Installation CD (or map this instruction to whatever
   install method you want)

2- type in F1 then "rescue" and Enter

3- when the boot is finished you're now (now == Cooker >= Nov-2001)
   greated by a menu, proposing a list of actions

4- select "Re-install Boot Loader"

5- program will

   - try to guess your mountpoints (for example, if you run with a / on
   Raid or Loopback, just plain forget it), then will mount them

   - perform a set of basic sanity checks (check that /sbin/lilo is
     executalbe, /etc/lilo.conf is readable, /etc/mandrake-release exists
     and contain "Mandrake")

   - ask for a confirmation to reinstall boot loader coming from the
     distro-version reported by /etc/mandrake-release

6- reboot

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/