>> If it were only this script. Even urpmi does not know how to handle
>> these versions and refuses to update both kernel and kernel-source.

borsenkow> Not mentioning that CVS has no entries for new kernels. If they are
borsenkow> built from some private repository, PLEASE, move them to contrib.

Fixed in 2.4.16.4mdk

borsenkow> And why 2.4.13 is not removed from mirrors?

That is the whole point of this exercise, I did'nt want to remove the
2.4.13 kernel while switching to 2.4.16.  2.4.13 is _very_ stable (at
least in my hardware/fs), and I wanted to have a tested 2.4.16.Xmdk
before making it the default Mandrake kernel.  Notice that you can
still have the latest and the greatest kernel in Mandarke, just that
you can also have a kernel that is still a bit older with all the
addons, for instance, lastest 2.4.16 kernel don't have still:

- h323 iptables support
- the quota format for 2.4.13-acX branch

and I think that I still miss a bit of changes for 2.4.13-ac branch.
Solution is:

- Cooker wait a long time to get a new kernel because all the things
  having been ported.
- Cooker has a new kernel soon, but with only some of the features
  that it is supposed to have.
- Cooker has an old kernel that has _all_ the features and a new
  kernel soon that is catching up.

I think that the 3rd option is a clear winner, if your opinion differ,
I will like to hear.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy