> borsenkow> Not mentioning that CVS has no entries for new kernels. If
they
> are
> borsenkow> built from some private repository, PLEASE, move them to
contrib.

> Fixed in 2.4.16.4mdk

What? CVS or contribs?

> - Cooker has an old kernel that has _all_ the features and a new
>   kernel soon that is catching up.
>
> I think that the 3rd option is a clear winner, if your opinion differ,
> I will like to hear.

Nothing wrong except - it does not belong into RPMS as I have already
said. Please, make separate directory under cooker, name it kernel-test
or how you like and place them all there.

I repeat - these kernels do not belong to distribution, because

- our (your) own tools like urpmi do not know what to do with them;
you'd have to at least add all of them into inst.list or add support for
wildcards

- each such kernel + all sources + all docs add up 100MB. You may have
these - some people do not. Besides, why build HTML + PDF + ... docs for
experimental kernel? All docs are available in kernel-source package.

I have nothing against providing them; I oppose to providing them as
part of main distro.

-andrej