guran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> What is the standard? How can I show to him that certain rules has to be
> followed to give all visitors the capacity to view the page?

Well the "standard" is defined by the W3C[1] but there are really
few browsers which really follow the standards. For example
Netscape is one of the worst regarding standards-compliance.

Now, cookies are something else, while I can't really say
anything clever on it, I often heard people saying that it's
necessary in some cases to only store temporary
login/configuration information, where doing another way would be
far more complicated/impossible under the same conditions.

Ref:
[1] http://www.w3.org/

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/