Hi Guran!

> What is the standard? How can I show to him that certain rules has to be
> followed to give all visitors the capacity to view the page?

There is no real standard. Of course there are HTML4.x,HTML3.x,XHTML
etc. standards available for the HTML language but most of the "Designers"
of homepages do not care much for that. I do not accept cookies as
well but there are pages which are cookie-overloading like all the
pages from yahoo (especially the former egroups).

Sometimes cookies are used for sending informations or storing user
settings (the useful part), other times they are used to track down
how you used the webpage and how often. There are organisations out
there which try to do something against it and others trying to
create superior technics to cookies (php is a very good way to
never have the need to use cookies again ;). But I personally
doubt that we will have a cookie free Internet in the far future...

Reinhard
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: HyperPen Tablet USB Driver for Linux