On Wednesdayen den 16 January 2002 00.23, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> There are some html "validators" that you can point to web pages and it
> will pass them and report on standards compliance.  I think w3c have
> some for different standards like html versions and possibly xml.
>
> BillK
>
> On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 02:51, Reinhard Katzmann wrote:
> > Hi Guran!
> >
> > > What is the standard? How can I show to him that certain rules has to
> > > be followed to give all visitors the capacity to view the page?
> >
> > There is no real standard.

I know - and many thanks for your answers. In fact the first thing I did was
to install Amaya, which is off w3c, and it failed to render the page.

I don't know if you read a research within EU, about the penetration of 'open
software' within EU. Their finding about Sweden was that they found it
astonishing that Sweden, with so many computers &c, was the country with the
least use of Linux. Sweden seams to be playing catch up with the 'Big
Brother' US.

One of my sons has graduated from that very University, and he was not tought
much about Unix until he sat in front of a Solaris server. He was trained for
a Microsoft world.

I just thought that guide lines for Lynx, Opera, Konqueror and Mozilla was
known more widely.

thanks
guran
--
Mandrake Linux 8.2 Cooker kernel-2.4.17.5mdk-1-1mdk version:2002-01-15-15:20