- If pcmcia is enabled at bootup or anytime then the
laptop will reboot upon resume from a suspend

 - if no pcmcia, then I now get the hard drive locking
shortly after bringing the screen back up. This is
fairly new as it was introduced in 2.4.17-21mdk.
2.4.17.20mdk without apic was close to perfect....if
the pcmcia issue was resolved and I could get drm
unloaded successfully before suspend. It is possible
that the new noapic option resolves one problem (the
Fn keys) while creating another (hard drive lockup
upon resume). The pcmcia problem was created sometime
after 2.4.17-16mdk.

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A requirement of creativity is that it contributes to change.  Creativity keeps
the creator alive.

-FRANK HERBERT, unpublished notes