Dave Cowern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> To answer your questions:
> 1.  No, it seems to fail on a random package.
> 2.  No, my system is not overclocked.
> 3.  Yes, the install works flawlessly with a 2.2 kernel.  However, when I
> boot into 8.2, it is extremely crash prone.  It can't seem to stay running
> for more than a few minutes under X.  This is my third attempt at getting
> this e-mail out.  Let me know if there's anything I can give you that will
> help you get to the bottom of this problem.  --  Dave

Well, it must be a pb linked with one of your hardware, could you
try to install a 2.4 kernel afterwards and boot with it.

Could you also include a lspcidrake, and maybe guess which hardware could be
unstable.

Maybe some of you memory get corrupted, haven't you add something that you
had not before (memory, scsi, ...)

--
Warly