On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 11:04:35PM -0700, J S wrote:
> I checked /etc/profile and /etc/bashrc and my own
> .bashrc and .bash_profile but I couldn't see it
> defined.

It's in /etc/profile.d/alias.sh

> One other thing, when I launch a console I am seeing
> bash: TMOUT: readonly variable
> where is this variable or is there a package that has
> a fix so I don't see this everytime I launch a
> console?

Fix is here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker&m=101589690710622&w=2

For some reason while there is an update to the setup package for 8.2
out to fix this it never made it into cooker.  Warly would you please
include my fix for this in the cooker setup package.

Let's not ship this bug in yet another version of Mandrake.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

We tend to see all wars through the lens of the current conflict, and we
mine history for lessons convenient to the present purpose.
- Brian Hayes