On Wed Jun 26, 2002 at 10:07:24AM -0700, Ben Reser wrote:

> > I checked /etc/profile and /etc/bashrc and my own
> > .bashrc and .bash_profile but I couldn't see it
> > defined.
>
> It's in /etc/profile.d/alias.sh
>
> > One other thing, when I launch a console I am seeing
> > bash: TMOUT: readonly variable
> > where is this variable or is there a package that has
> > a fix so I don't see this everytime I launch a
> > console?
>
> Fix is here:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker&m=101589690710622&w=2
>
> For some reason while there is an update to the setup package for 8.2
> out to fix this it never made it into cooker.  Warly would you please
> include my fix for this in the cooker setup package.
>
> Let's not ship this bug in yet another version of Mandrake.

I agree.  setup needs to be updated to include the sshd user anyways,
so while that is being updated, it's probably a good idea to include
this fix as well.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx -source http://www.freezer-burn.org/bios/vdanen.gpg | gpg --import"

Current Linux kernel 2.4.18-6.10mdk uptime: 18 days 15 hours 33 minutes.