mandrakeexpert incident 28907 forwarded to cooker.
--
Alan

----quoted text below----

 ahughes : 09/08 12:41 : Incident created     I attempted to
install Mandrake Linux 9.0 Beta 2 today on a spare partition.
This partition is already formated as an XFS file system, and
is approximately
9 GBytes in size (i.e. there is plenty of room). I attempted
to install both
LILO and GRUB as the partition boot loader (I wanted tp keep
the disk boot
loader for my system untouched so that I can continue to boot
8.2), however
DrakX complained saying that boot loaders cannot be installed
on an XFS partition.

AFAIK this restriction is not documented in any Mandrake
documentation, Linux
HOWTO or on SGI's XFS project web pages. Nor am I aware that
this restriction
existed in the 8.2 system (although I cannot say this with
100% certainty).

-----end quoted text-----