On Saturday 10 Aug 2002 21:28, Pixel wrote:
> "Devin B. Hedge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I think you hit the nail on the head. By default, it appears that the
> > Mandrake Installer tries to install the Boot Loader in the XFS boot
> > partition instead of on the MBR. Of course this installation fails
> > and will not continue beyond that point. Once I switched the location
> > where the Installer was trying to put LILO to the MBR it worked fine.
> >
> > Am I making sense?
>
> it should default install on the boot sector only in a few cases, like
> finding pqmagic or system commander on it, is that it?

I use Acronis Operating System Selector rather than pqmagic because a) It
knows ext3 and reiserfs and b) it's cheap.

My default Mandrake install always wants to install to MBR - it would be
nice if it could recognise acronis, as it gets very messy if I'm too
quick on the install and forget to set to the boot sector.
--
Gentoo Linux (portage-2.0.27).  KDE: 3.0.2  Qt: 3.0.5.
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1600+ 513MB.  Kernel: 2.4.19-win4lin