Pixel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> "Alan Hughes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > DrakX complained saying that boot loaders cannot be installed
> > on an XFS partition.
>
> this is weird. both lilo and grub handle XFS correctly.

uh, no, this is normal. I was thinking about *booting* from an XFS
partition which works.

what does not work is *installing* the bootloader *on* the XFS
partition, since XFS doesn't leave an empty room for the bootloader to
install itself.

so it's not a bug :)

PS: i never think about installing bootloaders on the partition
instead of the MBR, please say it precisely or at least give the error
message verbatim so that i can grep through the code!