-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Charlie M.
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 6:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Cooker] 9.0 BETA - Bug report / Possible bug - cannot
install boot loader on XFS f

On Friday 09 August 2002 04:26 pm, Alan Shoemaker wrote:
> mandrakeexpert incident 28907 forwarded to cooker.

8.2 was installed on XFS partitions on this system and the only trouble that
had was making a boot disk. Then I re-installed it with a separate ext3
/boot
partition.

beta2 would install but wouldn't boot for me until I put the /root and /boot
(was always ext3) partitions together on one ext3 partition. No separate
/boot.

I wasn't about to reformat the entire system and lose everything.

The boot continued to a point then went:
"kernel panic VFS: unable to mount root at 03:05!" repeatedly. It was OK
booting form a boot disk, it just wouldn't boot otherwise.
--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada