On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 09:26, allen wrote:

> 1.  Huh ?
>
>     There is a "way" to make your own kernel according to some
>     mandrake concept of what you're supposed to do ?
>
> 2.  I have always gone and done everything after getting kernel
>     source, lilo, System.map, etc., etc., etc.,
>
>     Like, "I do hereby assume full responsibility..."
>
>     And I have not done that with 9B2 yet because it is 9B2
>     and deserves kicking around to see if it breaks.
>
>     I feel like it is a given that no kernel will come perfectly
>     out of the box...  any comments appreciated here.
>
> 3.  I have never seen any "Mandrake says step 1 should be..."
>
> Readme.txt or something please, or pointer to existing...

I beleive there is a "Mandrake Kernel HOWTO" at mandrakeuser.org that
walks you thorugh a mdk rpm kernel upgrade, a mandrake kernel source
(install src.rpm and compile) upgrade, and IIRC a "get your source from
kernel.org" upgrade. If it no longer exists please contact me directly,
I'd be interested in helping to write up a new one.