On Wednesday 21 August 2002 07:56 pm, Ben Reser wrote:
> An excellent point.  As it stands now the only way to run spamassasin is
> through procmail (well okay Mail::Audit too but nobody really uses that
> [/me puts on flame retardent pants here]).  But if you're using Kmail
> and checking directly via POP or IMAP you can't use procmail so it won't

> work.  Which comes back to my statement that it's impossible to do
> because there are too many different client/server configuration
> possibilities.

Uh, it's not really "impossible".  ( ...borrows fireproof pants )

http://www.prismnet.com/~aef/index2.html
( I mention this one only because of applicability to a stand-alone system
  based on Mandrake with Netfilter and libipq. )

http://hogwash.sourceforge.net

I'm not actually trying to promote these things for this purpose at this time,
I am just saying that this issue is really not "impossible".

Not kidding.  Not enough time and developer bandwidth or it would be more than
possible already for this purpose.

FYI
-AEF