On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 10:13:04PM -0400, allen wrote:
> Conceptually I'd need just one rule   iptables -A input -j QUEUE
> Plus the rpm -ivh of a hogwash-iptables.rpm or rather "by"
> such an rpm.

Yes but a real person needs to be there to insert such a rule in the
right place.  If you put it in the wrong place in the chain it could
have drastic results.  There is no program that automatically installs
the hogwash rule into iptables for you...  The context of the rule is
very important especially in procmail and iptables.  In order to decern
the context you'd need an AI.  Which you aren't going to get from an rpm
package produced by Mandrake.

> If there's a market, your bank account would argue with you.
>
> But then, I'm not even suggesting that there might be thousands or
> even millions of people and businesses of all sizes with a
> spam problem...

And enterprises have system admins who can take the 20 minutes to
install and configure spamassassin.  They don't leave such things to end
users to setup.  And that's ultimately what the request is trying to
take care of.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

If your love has no hope of being welcomed do not voice it; for if it
be silent it can endure, a guarded flame, within you.
- The Wisdom of the Sands