Warly wrote:
| Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
|

|>On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 07:53:44AM +0200, Warly wrote:
|>
|>>Of courses we have a big pb in bug reporting, processing and
answering, and
|>>of courses we have to do something.
|>
|>So stop saying "it's too much work" and start doing something.
|

| Maybe I am unskilled and inefficient, but I change bugzilla to be
separated
| by package and not by release and I add a little mail interface. It must
| not be enough, and when developer ask for a feature, I try to add it.

Would it not be possible to merge Mandrakeexpert and bugzilla (I know
this is probably a lot bigger than what it sounds like), but a good
start would be

1)Send bugzilla report to mandrakeexpert (assuming it is either a case
where the user needs some hand-holding in generating a good bug report,
or where the "bug" is a configuration issue).

2)Send a mandrakeexpert request to bugzilla as a bug.
Alan Shoemaker has been doing a valiant job at forwarding mandrakeexpert
requests to cooker (Thanks Alan), but I am sure this could make things a
bit better.

I believe these two simple changes which start merging the sites could
make a big difference.

But in the end, someone (preferably non-devel) needs to go and sort bug
reports etc, and answer the really trivial things (aka 'Mandrake
employees are aware of this and are working on it' or 'Fixed in release
XXXmdk') Of course, buttons which preinsert text (ala Mandrakeexpert)
might be handy here.

And for that to work, more cookers/mandrakeexperts need bugzilla write
access. Maybe experts with a high average ranking need to be offered
this to speed up adoption?

I have (in the past, been too busy in this beta cycle) answered many
bugzilla bugs (mainly samba stuff), but could not 'resolve' them since I
didn't have write access. A bit wierd since abuot 1/3 of Mandrake's
samba changelog is mine since 2.2.0!

Buchan

- --