Brook Humphrey wrote:
> On Friday 20 September 2002 10:28 am, Bryan Whitehead wrote:
>
>>Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

>>>I think the "first" final will be built tonight, so yes if
>>>showstopper bugs are found this WE it will help us much.
>>>
>>>so please report showstopper bugs (e.g. not non important bugs).
>>
>>Isn't the kernel-enterprise hard-lock a showstopper bug? :( Havn't heard
>>anything about it from the mandrake team.
>

> Tes and  Ihave a compaq proliant 850 dual cpu that 8.2 installs on just fine
> that cant make it through the install process for 9.0.

Yea, but on install the enterprise kernel isn't running. Once your
system is up (and has over 900mb of memory) then you'd be running that
kernel.

Does the install kernel have HIGHMEM on? I don't have any problems
durring the install, it's only the specific enterprise kernel. Perhaps
it's a combo of HIGHMEM + SMP ?

--
Bryan Whitehead
SysAdmin - JPL - Interferometry Systems and Technology