Todd Franklin wrote:

> I feel your pain. we've had some struggling with the mouse as well.
> I've got rc3 installed on another drive, but haven't been using it
> that much. One fix that was suggested: if "usr" is it's own partition,
> copy "expr" from /usr/bin to /bin. it seems to have worked for two
> boots so far.

My bigger frustration is discovering problems that survive the official
release. I started beta testing on 8.1, then did 8.2 and now 9.0. Out of
many problems I reported, the only replies from anyone with an
@mandrake.com address were regarding one fix that happened only
yesterday, the boot disk creation failure problem that began with the
first beta I tried and lasted into even RC3.

Regarding the mouse, no one yet on the list has even made an applicable
suggestion. Someone did mention combining /usr onto the same partition
as /, but I don't use a separate /usr to combine, and I seriously doubt
that could possibly be a fix for such an essential element of a working
Mandrake distro as an ordinary mouse.
--
". . . . in everything, do to others what you would have them do
to you . . . ."                                        Matthew 7:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/