On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:22:24 +0100 (BST)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> As I wrote, it was very long to generate the hdlist with
> urpmi.addmedia with my two full 700Mo CDs. Could I force
> urpmi.addmedia to generate only a synthesis.hdlist.cz file ? Would it
> be wise to do it for my removable and local rpms ? What would be the
> limitations ?

Just use urpmi.addmedia xxx xxxxxx with synthesis.hdlist.cz

Having dsl I only use ftp, no cd or local media, but as long you can
generate a synthesis for each there is no reason that it cannot be used
for such.
The only drawback is the obvious with no package describe unless you
already know there will be nothing to indicates the purpose/usage of any
given rpm listed therein.

    Charles

The power to destroy a planet is insignificant when compared to the
power of
the Force.
- Darth Vader
Charles A Edwards