[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Quoting Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > The best would be to umount your supermount /mnt/cdrom, mount it
> > by hand, before the addmedia; it should speed up much the then
> > process of extracting package information.
>
> Right, thanks a lot. I guess you mean that urpmi.addmedia uses supermount to
> mount the CD each time it has to access a new package ? That's a good tip to
> remember. Maybe it would be worth putting it in mandrakeuser.org.

Not exactly: urpmi examines if /mnt/cdrom needs to be mounted. In
case of supermount, /mnt/cdrom is seens as always mounted. But
there are performance issues when accessing many files on a
supermounted cdrom so it's useful to umount it and mount it as a
plain normal iso9660 filesystem.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/