* Stardate: 2002-10-04 13:39
* Incoming subspace signal from "Danny Tholen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" :

> > I have similar problems with installing 9.0. I have downloaded all three
> > isos and checked them with md5sum, they were OK. I burnt them on CDR.
> > After the failed install I redownloaded the first iso and burnt it on a
> > different brand CDR. I did the install from 2 different CDROM-Drives, text,
> > expert vgalo, and normal install. So, I'm pretty sure the iso's weren't
> > corrupt or the CDR's bad.I have installed 8.2 afterwards, no problem with
> > that. So I don't think it's my hardware.
> It can still be your hardware ofcourse 8.2 != 9.0, and 9.0 works for other people.

Some people think it's my VIA CyrixIII processor. How can I be sure ?

Install detects an usb-storage device while I have no such device.

> > Is there a possibility GTK 2 is backported to 8.2 ? I need the new ROX
> > RPMS, so I can build some other ROX-related RPMS. I think I have to stick
> > with 8.2, which is really bad, because I cannot build RPMS for 9.0 now.
> You can probably find it on mandrakeclub, because gnome2 for 8.2 is there as well.

Are you sure ? Can't find gnome2 there.

> > Something from the logs (where can I send these logs ?):
> send full logs to list, or perhaps to Pixel?

Log is too big for this list.

> Well, obviously something goes wrong. Are you trying to do an upgrade or is it a
>clean install?

Clean install.

--
Best regards, M@X.