> > When you give decent informatio on exactly what you are doing.
>
> Much information is in this thread: "subject: Serious problems installing 9.0". I
>did nothing special. I tried to install LM 9.0 final and got a plethora of errors.
>After that I tried to install with one of the alternative boot images, that went
>well. Now I can't boot the system. the kernel hangs on "Freeing unused kernel memory".

I never had this problem with Mandrake...
Mabye there is a problem to enlarge the kernel output (debug output)
on bootup with a lilo option, I never tried something like that
though.

> I tried to upload the entire report.bug, but it is too big for this list, it doesn't
>get posted. I don't know really which information to post anymore, I've seen so many
>errors.

Simply repack it with bzip2 (bzme does this for you automatically).
And to be sure it won't get filtered rename it to report_bug_bz2 :)
That worked for me.

Else I can only recommand to build an own kernel, using a
very primitive kernel cpu (or using your cpu if it is directly
supported). Maybe there is somewhere a kernel patch for your
cpu.

Regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: Pertergrin, a role playing game system