torsdagen den 10 oktober 2002 18.41 skrev Vincent Danen:
> On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 08:14 PM, Oden Eriksson wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> I read part of the draft and nosed around the site.  Can't say that I
> >> really care to include this.  Looks like it's a nice way for them to
> >> make some extra $$.  I didn't really see anything about a license
> >> there, so have no clue what the license is; there's just the one
> >> copyright notice.
> >>
> >> I can't say that I'm thrilled with the idea of adding something like
> >> this.
> >
> > You might be right about the $$. But it's new code following a new RFC
> > from
> > what I could understand. New features are allways exiting. I have
> > mailed
> > vandyke to make them clarify the license.
>
> You're missing the point.  If you look at the RFC, *they* wrote it.
> This isn't a "community" RFC that they decided to implement; they wrote
> the RFC and they're selling the product.  It looks very self-serving to
> me.  Not to say it isn't an interesting concept, but I would like to
> see what the openssh team decides before arbitrarily adding it.

Hmm..., you probably right about that. But then..., I haven't seen anything
opened up from the commercial ssh folks like the originator, f-secure, etc.

> Of course, it would be a different story if vandyke wanted to "sponsor"
> our adoption of their ideas.  Monetarily, of course.  =)

Yes maybe a good idea, why not ask them?.

dns distributed public ssh keys? hell..., then we need a secure dns server too
;)

But I wouldn't know since I'm not even allowed to download their products, ha
ha ha... ;)

> >> Sure, it definitely might be interesting.  I'd like to get the
> >> thoughts
> >> of the openssh team first, tho.  I really don't like adding stuff that
> >> hasn't been audited by them (since they know the openssh code better
> >> than I), especially with openssh being such a core component.  If it
> >> was licq or something, no big deal.
> >
> > Yes, you're right. Let's wait and see what happens. I searched their
> > mail
> > archives but couldn't find a word about the keyserver feature.
>
> Nope, haven't seen anything either.  I'll fire something off to the
> list and ask about it.

Great!, keep us posted.

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson - Deserve-IT Networks http://d-srv.com

Check the "Modules For Apache2" status page at:
http://d-srv.com/modules_for_apache2.html