onsdagen den 9 oktober 2002 23.13 skrev Vincent Danen:

> >> Tell me why it's interesting, or some sort of README for this.  It
> >> doesn't look like it changes very much of the core openssh code, so I
> >> won't reject it out of hand, but I don't feel like reading the patch
> >> from top to bottom to figure out what it does.
> >>
> >> If you can point me to more info on it, or tell me what it does and
> >> how
> >> it would be used, that would be helpful.  Also, any links to whether
> >> or
> >> not this fellow tried to get into the main openssh program or not (and
> >> if so, why it was rejected) would be useful as well.
> >
> > There's actually a link presented 2 times in the spec file patch
> > pointing to:
> >
> > http://www.vandyke.com/download/os/pks_ossh.html
> >
> > On that page there's a link to:
> >
> > http://www.vandyke.com/technology/draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-
> > subsystem.txt
>
> I read part of the draft and nosed around the site.  Can't say that I
> really care to include this.  Looks like it's a nice way for them to
> make some extra $$.  I didn't really see anything about a license
> there, so have no clue what the license is; there's just the one
> copyright notice.
>
> I can't say that I'm thrilled with the idea of adding something like
> this.

You might be right about the $$. But it's new code following a new RFC from
what I could understand. New features are allways exiting. I have mailed
vandyke to make them clarify the license.

> >> I don't really like to tamper with openssh too much.  =)
> >
> > He he, I know that :)
> >
> > I just thought this would be interesting for Mandrake, that's it.
>
> Sure, it definitely might be interesting.  I'd like to get the thoughts
> of the openssh team first, tho.  I really don't like adding stuff that
> hasn't been audited by them (since they know the openssh code better
> than I), especially with openssh being such a core component.  If it
> was licq or something, no big deal.

Yes, you're right. Let's wait and see what happens. I searched their mail
archives but couldn't find a word about the keyserver feature.

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson - Deserve-IT Networks http://d-srv.com

Check the "Modules For Apache2" status page at:
http://d-srv.com/modules_for_apache2.html