Le Dimanche 3 Novembre 2002 23:56, Florent BERANGER a écrit :
> Is there a problem with bttv driver and old PCTV cards ?
> Only one channel works, scantv return no tuner found and there is no sound.
>
> I don't have a PCI TV card but I have noted that on some machines.
>
> Is anyone have experienced this problem with these old cards ?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Florent
>
> PS : is anyone can resolve the problem of kwintv/qtvision (no device listed
> at start) ?

bttv cards should be detected automagically. It never worker for me, i always
have to declare it manually in /etc/modules.conf:

alias char-major-81 bttv
pre-install bttv modprobe -k tuner ; modprobe -k msp3400
options i2c verbose=1 scan=1 i2c_debug=0
options bttv card=1
options tuner debug=0 type=3

If you don't have that, xawtv cannot switch between channels, and
autodetection won't work.

Stef