----- Original Message -----
From: "Thierry Vignaud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Florent BERANGER" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: none

> > > bttv != usbvideo.
> >
> > Yes, but USB TV cards are TV cards (logic ;) and drakxtv is a TV
> > cards config tool. A messagebox that USB cards (if one is detected)
> > are automatically configured/not supported by this tool
> > (yet)/... could be welcome for the user.  This shows that the USB TV
> > card is handled !
>
> i quote you "drakxtv doesn't handle all bttv cards"
>
> you speak now of a different topic.

Yes, about drakxtv bugs. Sorry if it's out of topic but I think that drakxtv
need to be upgraded.

> as for usbvideo managed devices, are they webcam or tv devices (aka
> can we "seek", are there several tv channels) ?
>
> because, since they're not configurable (since usbvideo take care of
> that), if we cannot choose pal/secam/..., there's no point in offering
> to configure it.
>
> so more info is needed.

My only concern is that all TV cards will be handle by drakxtv that :

- configure it if it need to be configured (bttv cards for exemple)

- display a messagebox that the card is autoconfigured (usbvision cards for
exemple)

- display a messagebox that the card isn't supported yet / the driver is in
alpha step (and display the link of project web page for info) / have a
proprietary driver (and display the link of driver web page for info)

Sorry if it wasn't clear before ;)

> > drakxtv is a tool for configure TV cards, not a bttv/dvb/saa7134
> > tool, or rename it drakxbttvdvbsaa7134.
> >
> > Aren't you agree with me ?
>
> give me the info i asked you above before.
>
> > > i quote you : "drakxtv doesn't handle all bttv cards"
> >
> > yes, some bttv cards doesn't works fine (no sound, only one channel
> > as described in
> > http://www.mandrake.com/en/archives/cooker/2002-11/msg00160.php )
>
> you speak of totally different things:
>
> - support of cards supported by bttv, which we do fine for quite some
>   time
>
> - support for other devices (such as dvb, saa7134, usb video, ...).
>   for each new case we added, we need to think before doing
>   anything. so are they webcam or real tv tuners ?

They are TV cards in user view.