> The point is Mandrake wants to make money, therefore they need bigger
> install base, therefore they need to make windows users transfer to linux,
> therefore what keeps windows users from using linux, therefore try to
> imagine what do we need to add or change.
If you want to do money, i think it is better to aims at the small enterprise
market.
Therefore, there is no need for all these fancy multimedia application.
For thing such as simple wordprocessing, and web surfing and so on, there is
alternatives.
Very good one, which runs on old hardware.
Think abiword, icewm, roxfiler and all.

With gnucash ( I didn't tried it, mauybe it is bad), and some other
applications, even not GPL one, but downloaded from Mandrake club, it should
work.

And, cause Mandrake is localised, it is far better for people who don t speak
english. And could adapted to fiscal laws of the country ( for gnucash )

I do not even speak of macro virus free, and the other security related
advantages.

With a maintenance contract, where someone sometimes logs with ssh, on a
system which cannot be messed by the user, it could be interesting.
The kiosk framework in KDE3.1, which enables to controls which kde settings
can be change, is a important step toward Linux in enterprise offices.

So, do not aim too much home users, they always  complains for not having
Windows on linux.
It is too hard to use urpmi, but, to use winzip, search on the web a crack and
download warez , nobody ever say it is too difficult.

Mick