torsdagen den 14 november 2002 20.33 skrev Ben Reser:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 11:23:00AM +0100, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> > I don't agree: I suppose that mandrakesoft has an automated build
> > procedure, a warning will probably go unnoticed, while a package that
> > fails to build will surely get a maintaner attention. The result will be
> > many less broken packages (I hope).
>
> The developer should be doing a build on their own machine *BEFORE* they
> upload it to any system that is going to do an automated build.  And
> ports should only be building packages that have already been built and
> tested on i586.
>
> Unfortunately, so many times people upload packages without bother to
> even test them.  Yes mistakes will get made.  But I have to wonder how
> packages with syntax errors in the perl scripts get uploaded....  Only
> thing I can see is that someone didn't bother to test the package first.
>
> Ultimately this small change will not solve the problem of untested
> rpms that are screwy.  It will still be a problem, until developers take
> responsibility for their packages.

I'm sorry but..., if I where to test everything as people expect even though I
commit only cooker contribs, aka. _development_ stuff..., all my time would
be spent on that. I have to rely on bugreports. Now..., I seldom get any
bugreports..., either people are lazy or I do a very well job... I could test
everything as desired but then I need foundings from MandrakeSoft in form of
equipment, education and a salary... I strongly doubt I will get any of
this... So..., there you have it.

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson, Deserve-IT Networks

Check the "Modules For Apache2" status page at:
http://www.deserve-it.com/modules_for_apache2.html